Submission of a Photo Series may include multiple photos; although we recommend limiting each titled submission to six (6) photos or less. Likewise, for Photo Series submission with multiple photos the staff may choose only parts of a series for publishing, in which case the artist will be contacted. Format: DIGITAL
• JPEG, TIFF, PNG, BMP or RAW. No other digital formats will be accepted.
• Dimensions are to be no less than 2000 pixels on either side of the photography
It must be a clear and visible photograph of your artwork. Once considered, we will contact you to see your work. Once accepted, you must not modify your work. Series work is limited to (6) pieces (one per photo) per submission.
If photo of work is less than 2000 pixels on each side, our staff photographer must be given access to artwork to take an appropriate photograph of it.
Entries are subject to alterations in size. Image sizes may be decreased to at least a third of a page. For modifications such as cropping, the entrant will be asked to provide his or her consent.
Please submit a photo of your work (or scan smaller 2-dimensional works).
POETRY & PROSE
Entrants in the poetry and prose categories must agree to abide by our staff's editorial discretion and allow for syntax or grammar corrections as determined by our editors. In the event of major modifications to a student's entry, the staff may contact the student.
• Fiction – 800 to 1,500 word count
• Flash Fiction/Nonfiction – 300 to 600 word count
• Play – Script max 2,000 words
• Poetry – 3,000 words
- Series poems are limited to five poems per entry, not exceeding 3,000 words in aggregate.
• Creative Non-fiction – 1500 word count
(We will consider larger word counts)